With three convenient locations in Northeast Ohio, Bremec is a wealth of plants, pottery, gardening supplies and expertise. Find everything you’re looking for, plus more inspiration and unique finds.
Let the Growing Begin
Welcoming Spring is one of the gardener’s favorite things to do! Days get longer, temperatures rise and plants bud & bloom. As you prepare your extraordinary garden for another beautiful season, we hope you’ll consider Bremec your gardening destination. Not sure where to start? Here are our spring gardening pillars of success:
Your plants need nutrients to thrive. Amend your soil before planting for best results.
- Adding Peat Humus is a really simple way to improve your soil. It helps retain moisture to be absorbed slowly over time by your plants. Peat Humus also aerates your soil.
- Manure or compost adds rich organic material. Pick up a bag or two at Bremec, or make your own compost!
- A small amount of sand improves drainage in heavy soils.
Select the Right Plants
Does your garden see more sun than shade? Is the location low and wet, or high and dry? Considering the growing conditions of your garden beds and containers will help you choose the best plants for the job.
- Shade Favorites: Ferns, Heuchera (Coral Bells), Hostas, Rhododendron,
- Sun Favorites: Itoh Peony, Sunpatiens, Snow Fountain Weeping Cherry
- Drought Tolerant: Sedum, Hens and Chicks, Lavender, Forsythia, Lilac
- Tolerate Wet Feet: River Birch, Witch Hazel, Sweet Bay Magnolia, Canna Lily
Plant with a Plan
Whatever your goals for 2017, identifying them and planning accordingly is key. Low maintenance, blooms in all seasons, tropical paradise, native plants…the possibilities are endless. When you need plant recommendations, we are happy to help you.
Seeing is believing and at Bremec Garden Centers, we make our shopping areas a showcase of annuals, perennials, shrubs, fountains and more. Our inventory changes fast in the springtime, so feel free to browse and let that new, exciting plant catch your eye.
Protect Your Investment
Mother Nature is pretty good at what she does, but you can help keep your gardens looking their best with a few simple tasks:
- Fertilize: Annuals, Hanging Baskets and Containers can be fed once a week with liquid food, or once every 6 weeks with granular formulas.
- Deter Deer and Rabbits: We recommend Deer No No, Green Screen and Bonide MoleMax to keep damaging critters away from your blossoming landscape.
- Mulch: A healthy layer of mulch will help prevent weeds and add organic material to your beds. Our Dark Hardwood Mulch is a customer favorite! (Link to Mulch page)
Bremec Garden Centers offer one of the largest plant selections in northeast Ohio. We have an abundance of unique plant varieties that will …continue reading
At Bremec we pride ourselves on our vast selection of garden ornaments. Our newly renovated 4,700 square foot open air Fountain Studio in …continue reading
Each Bremec location carries a unique variety of bagged and bulk goods. However, many of our most popular products are available at all …continue reading
Unlike the traditional garden center, our inventory of natural stone is surprisingly extensive. Every pallet of stone is unique in our inventory …continue reading
Lush plants and the peaceful sound of running water will add serenity to your busy life. At Bremec’s Pond Shop in Chesterland we sell only …continue reading
Our inspiration changes with the seasons and we continually refresh our inventory of garden décor and gifts at each of our garden centers …continue reading
Delivery of mulch, topsoil, gravel and other bulk goods is available from each of our three locations. We also deliver trees, shrubs, fountains …continue reading